Phase A of the Capital Project, which was approved by voters in 2014, has been completed. Work included sidewalk replacement, curb replacement and paving at all school buildings, roof work at the High School and all four elementary schools and the installation of artificial field turf at Wadas Field.
Phase B of the Capital Project began this summer, and while some work is nearing completion, work is projected to be completed in the 2017-18 school year. Below is a list of some of the major ongoing projects included in Phase B:
• Roof replacement at Hart’s Hill (nearing completion)
• Roofing work at Middle School (nearing completion)
• HVAC upgrades at High School and Middle School
• Asbestos abatement at High School, Middle School and Marcy
• Auditorium upgrades at High School and Middle School
• New student lockers at High School and Middle School
• New lobby doors and courtyard repairs at High School
• Student restroom renovations District-wide
• Central Kitchen upgrades
• Transportation Department renovations
• Press box and additional bleachers at Chiz Frye Field
• New signage at High School and Middle School
• Instructional technology improvements, such as updated SMART Classrooms and network infrastructure
Please note that work will continue at the High School throughout the school year. Administration and the contractors have taken every step to ensure that the work will not disrupt the educational process.
All of the improvements will help enhance the learning atmosphere for our students.
Thank you for your continued support ensuring our facilities meet the educational needs for students and staff.
Phase A of the Capital Project, which was approved by voters in 2014, is progressing with the vast majority of work on schedule. Below, is a school by school summary of what has already been completed and what is expected to be completed in the near future.