1. Student must first meet with high school
guidance counselor so that counselor can confirm student meets qualifications.
- Be a high school junior or senior
- GPA of B/80/3.0 or higher
- Recommendation to participate by guidance counselor
2. The student must then sign up to take the MVCC Placement Test. To
register for the Placement Test, go to www.mvcc.edu, then in the upper
left hand corner, go to Quick Links, drop down, and select Placement
Testing. Once on the Placement Testing page, students will select
“schedule to take placement test” and then must register for one of the
dates designated for College Connection. Results will be given to the
Director of School and Community Outreach, who will then forward results
and recommendations to the high school guidance counselor.
3. Student will meet with guidance counselor and counselor will assist the
student in searching for a course to take at MVCC. If the guidance counselor
and student need assistance in selecting a course, they can contact the
Director of School and Community Outreach, who will provide advisement at
4. Once a course has been selected, the guidance counselor will then
complete the High School Program Registration form and the student and
parent will sign. (All areas must be complete, including the CRN, course name,
semester student plans to attend, etc. If the form is incomplete, it will
be returned to the Guidance office).
5. The student’s counselor will send a cover sheet, current copy of the
student’s transcript and the completed High School Program Course
Selection form to the Director of School and Community Outreach (fax:
6. The Director of School and Community Outreach will then forward the
form to the registrar’s office to ensure the student is enrolled in the proper
7. Students will be mailed a registration printout that lists information
about the course he/she has selected and will also receive a billing
8. During the semester, the student can access support services on the
MVCC campus, including advisement through the Outreach Office (ACC208).
Below, are the only available test dates for high school student
programs. You must pre-register (visit the following link: http://www2.mvcc.edu/students/admissions/placementtest/).
No retests will be permitted due to budget constraints and no
additional test dates will be added. Please do not call or email to request
retests or additional dates, as we will be unable to accommodate either of