Good attendance is essential for success in school. To gain proper credit for daily attendance, students should follow those procedures:
• All students who attend the High School must be in first period class by 7:32 a.m. Students who arrive to first period class after 7:32 a.m. bell tone will be admitted to class but marked as tardy on the school attendance register sheets and the time written down on the same sheet.
• Students who arrive after 7:42 a.m. are to report to the Attendance Office to receive a pass to class. Students will not be allowed into class without a pass.
• Leaving school grounds is only permitted after permission has been granted by the Nurse, Attendance Office or appropriate Assistant Principal. The Attendance Office will grant permission after the student has delivered a signed note from a parent or guardian. Before leaving school grounds, all students must sign out at the Attendance Office.
• When students are absent, parents or guardians should call the school before 7:30 a.m. at 266.3233. An answering machine is available for messages 24 hours a day.
• Absence Notes – Students who have been absent from school are required by law to bring a note from parents on the first day of their return to school. Notes are to be turned in to the students’ first period teachers and must indicate: date(s) on which the students were absent and specific reasons for absence.