Teachers: Miss Heintz, Mr. Madonia, Mrs. Papandrea
The Elementary Art Program enriches the entire curriculum in so many ways. There are four components that create a quality program, they are: Aesthetic Perception, Art Criticism, Art History and Culture and Art Production and Creative Expression. These four components will be part of art class and will provide a strong connection to curriculum integration. At each grade level, students will:
• Practice problem solving and critical thinking.
• Learn about history and culture through art.
• Learn to more effectively use their senses to explore the world.
• Use both verbal and nonverbal methods to express abstract ideas and emotions.
• Learn to trust their creative intelligence.
• Learn concepts and techniques that will give them control of the visual images they produce.
• Learn to identify aesthetic qualities in a variety of artwork and in the environment.
• Learn the language of visual art so that they have a precise vocabulary in which to express their ideas.
For a great article onthe importance of the arts please read the article...
The Importance of Art in Child DevelopmentBy Grace Hwang Lynch