Teachers: Mrs. Jones Mrs. PapandreaThe Elementary Art Program enriches the entire elementary curriculum. There are four components that create a quality program. They are: Aesthetic Perception, Art Criticism, Art History and Culture and Art Production and Creative Expression. These four components will be part of our art classes and will provide a strong connection to curriculum integration. At each grade level, students will:
• Practice problem solving and critical thinking.
• Learn about history and culture through art.
• Learning to use senses more effectively to explore the world.
• Use both verbal and nonverbal methods to express abstract ideas and emotions.
• Learn to trust and develop creative intelligence.
• Learn concepts and techniques that will give them control of the visual images they produce.
• Learn to identify aesthetic qualities in a variety of artwork and in the environment.• Learn the language of visual art so that they have a precise vocabulary in which to express their ideas.The Importance of Art in Child DevelopmentBy Grace Hwang LynchFor a great article on the importance of the arts, please read the article...http://www.pbs.org/parents/education/music-arts/the-importance-of-art-in-child-development/