Federal Funding 2021-2023
New Federal Funding
Over the next three years, The Whitesboro Central School District will receive funding from the Federal Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations (CRRSA) Act and the American Rescue Plan (ARP) Act. These one-time funding streams will allow the District to provide necessary programs and services during this time when the District is moving out of the pandemic and more students are returning to in-person instruction.
Whitesboro CSD is allocated $3,826,287, with at least $765,257 (20% minimum) that must be used to address learning loss. The remaining balance is $3,061,030. The 20% minimum must be used through the implementation of evidence-based interventions and ensure that those interventions respond to students’ social, emotional, and academic needs and address the disproportionate impact of COVID-19 on underrepresented student subgroups (each major racial and ethnic group, children from low-income families, children with disabilities, English learners, gender, migrant students, students experiencing homelessness, and children and youth in foster care).
While these funds cannot be used to reduce the yearly budget, the remaining $3,061,030 in funding may be used to address social emotional health and wellness, purchase educational technology, provide mental health services and supports, and provide summer learning and after-school programs.
Whitesboro CSD is allocated $3,018,269 in CRRSA funds. These funds may be used to coordinate preparedness and response efforts, purchase PPE and provide related training, repairing and improving school facilities, and improving indoor air quality.
For more information:
- Click here to view a fact sheet about these new funding sources
- Click here to view the ARP ESSER Budget
- Click here to view the After-School Funding Budget
- Click here to view the Summer Funding Budget
- Click here to view the ARP-ESSER 5% State-Level Reserve Budget
- Click here to view the ARP ESSER Budget Narrative
- Click here to view the ARP 1% ARP-ESSER After School Budget Narrative
- Click here to view the 1% ARP-ESSER Summer Learning and Enrichment Budget Narrative
- Click here to view the 5% ARP-ESSER State Reserve Budget Narrative
- Click here to view the ARP ESSER Application
- Click here to view the ARP State Reserves Application