WHITESBORO HIGH SCHOOL
Wednesday, January 29, 2020
EVENTS OF THE DAY:
Boys JV Basketball at Homer 5:00 PM Homer HS
Boys Varsity Basketball at Homer 7:00 PM Homer HS
Boys Varsity Wrestling Camden Home 6:00 PM Whitesboro HS
1. Seniors – Baby photo forms were sent home and are due on Friday, February 7th. Please have your parents send these in to be included in the yearbook
2. SENIORS: Scholarship time has arrived! Do not miss out! The following scholarships can be found in the Guidance Office: Ned Carter Memorial Scholarship – February 22nd ; The Zonta Club – Deadline March 1st; Utica Dollars for Scholars – Deadline March 15th; American Society of Military Comptrollers – Deadline March 29th; Whitesboro Alumna Scholarship Deadline Mach 20th; Oneida County Volunteer Fireman’s – Deadline May 1st; & Utica Men’s & Women’s Bowling Award – Deadline May 1st.
3. Whitesboro Youth Spring sports registration will be TODAY at Whitestown Community Ctr. from 6:00-8:00 PM. Registration form and information is in the Main Office.
4. Spring sports sign-ups are going on now in the Nurse’s Office. Sign-up during lunch, study hall, before or after school. You must sign-up with the nurse in order to be cleared.
5. Model UN will meet TODAY, after school in room 527. We will discuss our Valentine’s Day Fundraiser and our last conference of the year. See Mrs. Dean if you cannot attend.
6. The next Political Discussion club meeting will be TODAY at 2:20 in room 606. The topic for discussion will be world’s approach to climate change.
7. Extra! Extra! Hear all about it! Smoke Signal will be selling pizza after school this Thursday. Get it while its hot, and while it lasts!
8. All mentors to the 7th and 8th grade students: Please report to the pit this Thursday at 8:12 for a photo for the Newsletter.
9. Attention all International Club members: There will be an important and mandatory meeting this Thursday at 2:15 in the cafeteria. All members must attend.
10. Attention all seniors and juniors, have you thought about your future career>? Do you want to be a teacher physical therapist, engineer, lawyer, or something else? Mr. Greene can help set up a one-day job shadow for you! Please go to the Guidance Office as soon as possible to sign up.