WHITESBORO HIGH SCHOOL
Wednesday, September 26, 2018
EVENTS OF THE DAY:
Girls Varsity Tennis at VVS 3:30 PM VVS High School
Girls Varsity Field Hockey at RFA 4:30 PM RFA High School
Girls JV Field Hockey at RFA 6:30 PM RFA High School
1. Attention Seniors: The following college representatives will be visiting the guidance office on: Thurs. – Colgate University @ 9:50 AM, Fri. – Hobart William Smith @ 10:30 AM & Mon., Oct. 1st – SUNY Potsdam @ 9:00 AM. Seniors Interested in applying to these colleges may sign up in the Guidance Office!
2. Attention all students interested in joining International Club for the 2018-2019 school year. Our first meeting will be held on Thurs. in the auditorium @ 2:15. Please join us for our first meeting of the year. All current members are expected to attend & new members are welcome.
3. Attention Sophomores: The representative from Jostens will be taking class jewelry orders on Mon. & Tues., Oct. 1st and 2nd from 10:30-12:40 outside the cafeteria. A 60.00 deposit is required to place your order. You will receive your information packets in English class. Juniors and seniors are welcome to order as well. Extra information packets are available in the Main Office.
4. Attention SADD Club members: There will be a SADD Club meeting after school in room 502 today. Please plan on attending. If you cannot attend, see Mrs. Delay. New members are welcome.
5. All Boy Varsity athletes are reminded that your $10.00 Varsity Club dues need to be handed in to Mr. Maggiolino by Friday.
6. Teachers & Students: Please stop by the library this week to let us know what your favorite magazines are so we’re sure to have what you enjoy! As usual, we’ll take book selections all year!
7. Students! Join all of our Whitesboro readers at a back-to school celebration this Thursday. Come for activities, treats, and fun to Dunham Public Library from 6-7 pm. This is a family friendly event. Hope to see you there!
8. Class of 2019: It's finally here...senior clothing information. Ordering information will be distributed in Senior English classes. Additional information fliers are also available in the Main Office, Room 622, and Room 525. The deadline to order is Sunday, October 7th. Don't miss out.
9. Yearbook Club will meet today at 2:15 in room 513. We will be discussing club responsibilities.
10. Just a reminder to those Senior Girls playing in the Powderpuff game that both the permission form and t-shirt order form are due this Thursday to Mr. Coriale in room 525.
11. On Tues., Oct. 9th there will be a college night at Utica College from 6:30 – 8:30 pm in the Clark Athletic Center. There will be over 100 college reps. in attendance. This is an excellent opportunity for students & parents to gain information.
12. Are you interested in raising environmental awareness, learning about sustainability, decreasing your exposure to toxins? Are you interested in outdoor activities and giving back to the community, then Environmental Action Club is for you! Please join us in room 606 today at 2:15.
13. Girls interested in trying out for volleyball, open gym will begin Monday, October 1st. They will run every Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday throughout October from 6-7:30pm at the High School.
14. Attention Ski Club members! Stop by rm. 520 or 523 and vote for club officers on Thursday or Friday.
15. There will be a GSA meeting after school on Thursday in room 624. Everyone is welcome to join.
16. Seniors – make sure to get your photo to the yearbook staff before Friday, October 5th. Please email email@example.com or bring your photo to room 594. Contact Ms. Bonomo or Mrs. Eberley with questions.