The elementary art program enriches the entire curriculum in
so many ways. There are four components that create a quality program, they are: Aesthetic Perception, Art
Criticism, Art History and Culture, and Art Production and Creative Expression. These four components will be part of art
class and will provide a strong connection to curriculum integration. At each grade level students will:
- Practice problem solving and critical thinking.
- Learn about history and culture through art.
- Learn to more effectively use their senses to
explore the world.
- Use both verbal and nonverbal methods to express
abstract ideas and emotions.
- Learn to trust their creative intelligence.
- Learn concepts and techniques that will give
them control of the visual images they produce.
- Learn to identify aesthetic qualities in a
variety of artwork and in the environment.
- Learn the language of visual art so that they
have a precise vocabulary in which to express their ideas.